Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Web Publishing

For this activity, we used GoogleDocs to either publish a resume previously created in Microsoft or to create a resume for future use. In my case, I edited slightly a resume that I utilized over the summer to apply for the Freshman Counselor Program at FSU.

I was honestly surprised about how much of my formatting made it through the conversion. Still not really sure how it happened, though perhaps it has to do with the fact that it was a word document instead of a spreadsheet.

This activity is representative of NETS standard 3, substandard a, which states that teachers: demonstrate fluency in technology systems and the transfer of current knowledge to new technologies and situations. Basically we're taking the age old process of creating resumes and putting a new twist on it-- students would be able to access their resumes any time they needed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment